Tuesday, April 14, 2009

13 Reasons Why #1


The book I am reading is about a girl who kills her self and sends a set of 13 tapes out to 13 peopole telling them the reasons why she killed herself and how they were involved. I really interesting quote from the section I read was "Step-by-step. That's how we'll get through this . One foot in front of the other." I really like this quote because to me it describes both narrators. The boy Clay listening to the tapes and Hannah the speaker of the tapes. Throughout this section i feel like both charcters were and are just trying to get by one step at time while everyone around them seems to be running or moving faster than either of them, but they dont really care they just keep on going one step at a time. The events that lead to the death of Hannah kind of remind me of things i see at school, so far there is no bug reason just a a lot of little one. In the book they call it the "snow ball effect". Little things like a hot or not list or little rumors can start a series of unfortunate events.

No comments: